Bortnyky village is located in the Lviv region (western part of Ukraine). Population is about 1 000. The name of the village suggests that its inhabitants used to be beekeepers in the ancient times – they used to extract honey from honeycombs found in forest or caves.
Children’s home in Bortnyky.
We have been helping in Bortnyky since 2005. During that time, we have paid for the construction of a sports complex and provided money for improving the quality of life of boys from the children’s home: provision of heating and home repair. In 2017, we contributed to the purchase of two houses for two young men leaving the children’s home.
- financial contribution for the purchase of two houses for two inmates leaving the children’s home.
- support for children’s home operation, purchase of two staircases.
- improving the quality of life of boys in children’s homes by financial support for the running costs of the children’s home and the salary of auxiliary staff.
- contribution to home repairs of children’s home.
- support for the “Apple Juice Factory” project.
- project “Car Repair” for teaching boys manual skills. The workshop will also be a source of finances for the operation of the children’ home.
- several visits where children were given clothing (OP Prostejov sponsorship donation), three computers for teaching and other small gifts.
- payment of the construction of the sports complex (football, volleyball and basketball courts).
- donation of sports equipment.
- providing 30 new beds, bedside tables, bed linen, pillows and blankets.